bizarre (3) boys (1) ditty (1) family (1) friends (2) new year (1) rant (1) relax (2) school (2) stress (1) travel (1)

26 December 2012

2012 didn't suck

august 2011. that was my last post and the first year to break my tradition of writing a year-end synopsis. it's been awhile; watching certain parts of my life go up in smoke has become a spectator sport for me, and it's been quite time consuming. that paired up with my insatiable urge to fuck off, so i haven't been able to sit in front of a computer for long enough to jot things down. fortunately, i've been able to oust a few proverbial fires over the last year, and i am currently sitting here with a space heater, Eric Clapton, and plum oolong tea. i feel like telling stories.

[pausing progress; i don't remember the first part of the year so i'm checking my facebook...]

found this picture of the beast hail that pummeled the st louis metropolitan area earlier this year

that's right. grad school. i had 4 of 10 classes knocked out only to find out a semester after the fact that one of them was a fail. i tried disputing it, because i don't fail classes, but i didn't keep any coursework and the teacher was cunty so i have to retake the class. i had to do some paperwork to get off my "academic probation" (judging myself even though it's all a misunderstanding)... so naturally i did not do my paperwork but instead wallowed in spite for a semester. i've recently completed the paperwork, and am enrolled for the spring 2013 semester. back to being a winner.

relationship-y shit. long distance relationship. he [allegedly] managed to not cheat on me for 11 months, but then couldn't hold back anymore. how do you "catch" someone cheating from 2,000 miles away? you don't. you let them tattle on themselves by inadvertently sending a text that reads, "awkward question. are you on birth control? we weren't too careful saturday night :-/". my eyes actually focused in on the "well, shit" face. a fucking emoticon to your harlot. enough already. i have since met someone who makes me confident that had i married any of my ex's, i would have surely been settling.

HAWKS!
rugby, because football is weak.
la familia. stacy and chris have moved to stl, and samantha moved in with me. i've had to learn how to share, and that's been stressful for me. turns out it's not 'just like riding a bike'. sam has brought a ton of happiness to my life. it's really nice having a companion and since we are so different, and have had such different life experiences, she has offered some new perspective. i guess i can let her use my ottoman and patio furniture.
he seems like a nice guy.

CARDS!!!
2012 highlights:
-travel. i made six trips to california, a two week rockstar trip to scottsdale for work, a long weekend trip to colorado for family weekend, and had a long vegas trip with megan.
-i met dan aykroyd.
-i wrapped up my six year enlistment in the air guard and am officially a civilian again.
-made it to a few Cardinals NLCS games.
-babies and weddings everywhere.

day drunks
how are we getting home?
i'd say this last year was a win. my recollection of the beginning of the year is failing me, but i can say that it turned out pretty great. the summer was amazing--i was out running stairs and boxing. samantha and i did the fourth and owned oktoberfest as well. this was the best christmas i've had in a very long time. my hard work in the gym is paying off. i'm extremely happy with my new love interest. i'm working on the master's again, and i already have a lot of fun stuff on the books for 2013.

i have my health, a solid job, a great family, fantastic friends, and a sweet new Bears onesie. i'm ready for anything!

da bears.








No comments:

Post a Comment